The second season featured a larger cast. The number of contestants increased from 14 to 16, two from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore, and one each from China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. Nepal was not represented for this season. The show was filmed in Malaysia, and it premiered on January 8, 2014 on STAR World Asia and Fox Asia.
This cycle's promotional song was I Love It by Icona Pop. The international destination during the cycle was Hong Kong, China, becoming the second occasion in which the series traveled to the country, after cycle 1. Regarding the Malaysia Tourism Board as the main sponsor, the models were traveling across Peninsular Malaysia, namely Penang, Pangkor Laut, Malacca, and Kuala Terengganu; and Malaysian Borneo, namely Kuching and Gaya Island.
Among the prizes were a three-month contract with Storm Model Management in London, the chance to appear in a spread and on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Singapore/Malaysia, a cash prize from FOX International Broadcast, a Subaru XV car, and the chance of becoming the new face of TRESemmé for one of their 2014 campaigns.
The winner of the competition was 22 year-old Sheena Liam from Malaysia.
(Ages stated are at time of contest)
|Sheena Liam||22||Selangor||1.74 m (5 ft 81⁄2 in)||Winner|
|Jodilly Pendre||20||Mandaluyong||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Runner-up|
|Katarina Rodriguez||21||Makati||1.69 m (5 ft 61⁄2 in)||Eliminated in Episode 13|
|Marie Nakagawa||24||Tokyo||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Eliminated in Episode 12|
|Nicole Lee||24||Singapore City||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Eliminated in Episode 11|
|Josephine Tan||23||Pahang||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Eliminated in Episode 10|
|Natalie Pickles||25||Taipei||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Eliminated in Episode 9|
|Tia Taveepanichpan||17||Phuket||1.69 m (5 ft 61⁄2 in)||Eliminated in Episode 8|
|Janice Hermijanto||21||Yogyakarta||1.74 m (5 ft 81⁄2 in)||Eliminated in Episode 7|
|Sneha Ghosh||23||Kolkata||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Poojaa Gill||22||Singapore City||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Eliminated in Episode 5|
|Như Thảo Phan||26||Cà Mau||1.76 m (5 ft 91⁄2 in)||Eliminated in Episode 4|
|Ji-hye Moon||20||Seoul||1.81 m (5 ft 111⁄2 in)||Eliminated in Episode 3|
|Bona Kometa||27||Jakarta||1.79 m (5 ft 101⁄2 in)||Eliminated in Episode 2|
|Elektra Yu||21||Central||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Eliminated in Episode 1|
|Jessie Yang||22||Beijing||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Eliminated outside of judging panel in Episode 1|
|01||The Girl Who Walks the Walk||January 08, 2014|
|02||The Girl Who Attracts a Following||January 15, 2014|
|03||The Girl Who's Hot When She Is Cold||January 22, 2014|
|04||The Girl That Embraces Change||January 29, 2014|
|05||The Girl That Runs Her Own Race||February 5, 2014|
|06||The Girl Who Works The Room||February 12, 2014|
|07||The Girl Who is in the Spotlight||February 19, 2014|
|08||The Girl Who Makes a Splash||February 26, 2014|
|09||The Girl With a Wild Side||March 5, 2014|
|10||The Island Girl||March 26, 2014|
|11||The Girl on Life's Journey||May 8, 2014|
|12||The Girl Who's Epic||April 2, 2014|
|13||The Girl Who Wins it All||April 9, 2014|
Casting calls were held in five countries, listed below:
- August 9 at HYVE Club, Manila, Philippines
- August 11 at JW Marriott, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- August 13 at JW Marriott, Jakarta, Indonesia
- August 15 at Siam Discovery, Bangkok, Thailand
- August 17 at FOX International Studios, Singapore City, Singapore
- In episode 1, Jessie was eliminated outside of judging panel before the photo shoot as a result of having performed the worst during a runway challenge.
- In episodes 1 through 9, with the exception of episodes 5 and 6, the bottom three contestants were in danger of elimination. In episodes 10 through 12, only the bottom two contestants were in danger of elimination.
- In episode 3, Marie was called out in absence after having to leave the set due to medical reasons.
- In episode 5, the call out order after Nicole and before Josephine was swapped to be Marie, Janice, and Katarina. The actual call out was Janice, followed by Katarina, who was in turn followed by Marie.
- In episode 6, Janice and Tia landed in the bottom two. Neither of them was eliminated.
- In episode 7, Janice, Sneha and Tia landed in the bottom three. Nadya called Tia first, leaving Janice and Sneha as the bottom two. Nadya proceeded to reveal that the final photograph was blank, eliminating the two models.
- The footage of episode 11 featured the top five models, Jodilly, Katarina, Marie, Nicole, and Sheena participating in a photo shoot for Malaysia Airlines. After the show took two weeks off to prolong the gap between the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 incident and the airing of the episode, the producers of the show decided to omit the episode entirely to respect those affected by the tragedy. The previews for the episode following episode 10 only featured Jodilly, Katarina, Marie, and Sheena. Sheena's photograph could still be seen as the 'photo of the week' banner for the episode that wasn't aired. The season picked up again with the top four episode just before the finale.
- During the first deliberation of episode 13, the judges reviewed the photo shoot in Kampung. After the first deliberation, the three girls were called back to panel, and it was revealed that Katarina was eliminated. During the second deliberation, the judges reviewed Jodilly and Sheena's runway walk. When the girls were called back, Nadya revealed that Sheena was the winner of the competition.
Photo Shoot Guide
- Episode 1 Photo Shoot: Opening Stills
- Episode 2 Photo Shoot: Malaysian Couture Goddesses in Batu Caves
- Episode 3 Photo Shoot: Winter Wonderland Scene in Stylish Lingerie
- Episode 4 Photo Shoot: 60's Chic in a Hair Salon
- Episode 5 Photo Shoot: Embodying Futuristic Sports
- Episode 6 Photo Shoot: Couture Gowns in a Subaru Assembly Plant
- Episode 7 Photo Shoot: TRESemmé Ads Overlooking the Kuala Lumpur Skyline
- Episode 8 Photo Shoot: Pangkor Laut Resort Editorial
- Episode 9 Photo Shoot: Native Jungle Warriors in the Borneo Jungle
- Episode 10 Photo Shoot: Alex Perry Gowns in the Gaya Island Beach
- Episode 11 Photo Shoot: Posing with Luggage for Malaysia Airlines
- Episode 12 Photo Shoot: Harper's Bazaar Editorial
- Episode 13 Photo Shoot: Kampung Life During Nightfall
- Janice: Chestnut brown and wavy curls
- Jodilly: Trimmed with pin up fringes
- Josephine: Victoria Beckham inspired bob cut
- Katarina: Dark brown and fringes added
- Marie: Maroon afro inspired by Whitney Houston
- Natalie: Wavy shoulder length hair
- Nicole: Rocker chick pixie cut
- Poojaa: Shoulder length hair
- Sheena: Bleach blonde with light pink highlights
- Sneha: Modern bob cut with curls
- Thao: Hair darkened and straightened
- Tia: Hair darkened and fringes added